The old saying that time flies–and goes faster the older you are–certainly held true for Q1.
My thanks to our fabulous team for your skills, dedication, creativity, and care and to our awe-inspiring clients who entrust us with their branding, marketing, and communication needs.
Focus is a key success factor for any business, ours included. We begin and end our days with one question: What can we do each day to help our clients grow brand awareness, develop leads, or generate revenue?
If you are a regular blog reader (thank you), you’ll notice we’re sharing more about who we are, what we do, and most important, celebrating our clients’ successes…all while still honoring our commitment to share work stories only when clients agree. So, please find below our highlight reel for the first quarter.
Welcome to Five Fabulous Clients
In addition to our wonderful existing clients, we added five clients to the MPD family. As always, our work varies from client to client, with some public relations or website only, while others are full service.
Explore Three Websites Launched
We debuted three clients’ websites, ranging from simple starter websites to a robust, fully branded effort. All were developed in WordPress.
Recall Fun Client Projects
We’ve covered the gamut in terms of client work and campaigns. A few of note this quarter include:
- McCall, Parkhurst & Horton – Entrusted to rebrand this almost 100-year old public finance law firm, from logo, stationery, and folder systems to a website, online templates, and email marketing.
- Innovation360 – Promoted Dr. Kevin Gilliland’s debut book Struggle Well, Live Well: 60 Ways to Navigate Life’s Good, Bad, and In-Between. This book is full of quick, powerful nuggets and action steps to handle any challenge you face.
- City of Terrell – Organized the Lead Like Churchill weekend events to celebrate the connection between Terrell and Britain during WWII. The weekend included five events and Sir Winston Churchill’s great-grandson.
- The Maddox Shop – Coordinated a fun Valentine’s Day lingerie segment with Good Morning Texas. Alas, we couldn’t show off all the outfits on morning television, but that just drove more traffic to their Facebook page to view the full outfits, so extra win!
Celebrate Our Team
Our firm would not exist without our strong team both in the office and remote. We’ve had two big milestones this year:
- Talana Morris celebrated her 10th anniversary; and
- Jamie Boelens joined as our marketing coordinator.
We’ve upped our game on project management and collaboration. We migrated our online project management system to Trello and added Slack channels with two clients for on-the-spot replies to quick queries.
Lose the Cobbler’s Children Theme
My personal goal this year is to conduct marketing of our own (what a novel idea, I know!). I’m excited to share a few updates so far:
- MPD Blog – We’ve been penning almost weekly blogs on all sorts of topics ranging from client events and stories to tips on websites, social media, and publicity as well as occasional musings on inspiration and leadership.
- Messages Matter Series – We launched a weekly Monday messaging thought on our social channels as our #mondaymotivation. Each week we spotlight an expert quote on messaging, communication, and listening.
- WBENC Re-Certification – Every year about this time our certification renews as a woman-owned business. For our clients who have diversity-vendor measures in place, we’re all set for another year.
- Pro Bono Services – In February, we celebrated Attitudes & Attire’s 21st luncheon. A&A has been our official charity for 16 years; we’ve provided pro bono marketing, publicity, and website services as well as board service and cash donations. New for 2017, we’re just beginning to support the North Texas Angel Network with some digital and publicity efforts.
Whew, Q1 was fun. Thank you again to our team, our clients, our referral sources, and our friends and family.
Now, here’s to an even better Q2 — the 13-week countdown is underway.
Ready, set, let’s go!